A world where disruptive tech and science
empower all beings, nature, and society to thrive
2026 SITE OPENING
Starting 2023 with Co-Creation Projects
Building desirable futures means solving complex challenges
society is facing
The way we work together today, does not solve challenges of tomorrow. We need to re-invent the way we think, work and decide.
Pace and complexity are increasing in all areas. We need to bring together diverse perspectives to create meaningful solutions.
EPFL research can have even more positive impact on society. We need to bridge the gap between academia and commercialization.
- Daring to think differently and let go of rooted beliefs
- Regenerative and circular thinking
- Dreaming paradigm shifts and future scenarios
- Providing the necessary access to experts, labs, facilities, and infrastructure
- Working together across fields, experiences and domains
- By risk-sharing and co-creation
- Being centrally located and a pilot for global expansion
- Providing living labs for citizens, youth, kids and creating interactive experiences
- Building a community of communities that brings together citizens, corporates, innovators, ethical and regulatory decision makers.
EPFL ecotope curators tap into EPFL research and support dream teams as well as decision makers to find and prototype meaningful solutions.